Monday, October 6, 2008

I interrupt this blogging break...

For an important announcement!

“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” ~~~ Jesus (John 10:10 AMP)

My friend, Mary and I went to the Living the Life Conference in Corpus Christi, Texas this past weekend. The above verse was the theme for the conference. We learned about intentional living, stepping up into the supernatural, cleaning our dirty laundry, embracing the Life Giver—Jesus Christ. Becky Terabassi taught us on spending time with our Lord in prayer in such a way that God will change our lives. We learned that we must surrender to Christ and seek Him in our lives. We learned that no matter what happens we can hang onto Jesus. We are "no matter what women." This conference truly fed us the Word of God and His Seed was planted in us this weekend.

Now the enemy knows he cant take the seed, but he tried to get us to dig it up and throw it out. On our way home, Mary and I stopped at Cracker Barrel in San Antonio to eat lunch. While we were enjoying our late lunch, thieves helped themselves to the contents of my vehicle. Not only my vehicle, but two other vehicles in the parking lot were robbed also.

Well, these thieves did not realize that they were messing with the wrong people. They stirred up warriors of the living Lord. As Mary and I filed our report with the police, I noticed three other people standing around by their vehicle in the parking lot. At one point this lady came over to me and told me that they are praying for us. I told her thank you and asked if they could stick around a bit longer. When I finished filing my police report these three people informed us that the Lord put it on their hearts when they saw what was going on to stay and pray for us. Oh my! I just started bawling as I knew the Lord was with us in such a tangible way to bring peace and comfort.

The five of us held hands in the parking lot and prayed. We prayed quietly, but we started praying loudly and boldly. We prayed for the thieves to be forgiven. We prayed for the Lord to bless them. We prayed that the Holy Spirit convict them and they will recognize their need for a Savior. They stole Mary’s Drake’s study Bible and all her books purchased at the conference. They have the Word of God in their possession. We prayed that these thieves be saved by the mercy and grace of our Lord.

We stand in agreement by prayer that these thieves will turn their hearts to the Lord. We asked the Lord for them to return everything that was taken when they’re convicted by the Holy Spirit. . The items taken contain personal information such as addresses, social security numbers and medical information not to mention a camera and cell phone chargers.

This situation failed to take from us what He planted in us this past weekend. If anything, it spurred us on to know that that we’re on the right track. We know that we know that the Lord sent us out filled with His word to spread it to others. Let HIS will be done.

The material objects can and will be replaced. The sentimental objects shall remain engraved in our memories though the images captured on Mary’s camera are gone. But Mary and I both trust that what the enemy meant for harm, God will use for good.

By the way, I felt I had a confirmation about that as we finished our journey home after the theft. I saw words spray painted “Thief Caught.” I turned around and took the photo below. I just have to believe that the person or persons who caused this damage and took personal possession has been caught. Whether physically or spiritually or both, I pray specifically his or her heart has been captured by the Lord and yielded to HIM.



My conference slide show:


Corpus Christi's Living the Life Conference Photos:



P.S. I resume my blogging break.

Engrafted by His Grace--

19 gracious comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Believing with you that the thieves have been caught!

Love,
Nicole

Michelle V said...

Shonda,

I'm so sorry that happened to you all, but I am so touched by your story and the way you all prayed for the thieves. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings
Michelle

Angela said...

God is so cool! I love when he speaks to us in ways that can only be him! I'm proud of you for giving God the situation instead of losing it. What a neat story, though!
Angela

marine's words said...

wow!! great pictures thanks for sharing ") what a bless,

At least you where ok and no harm came to you, marina

Fran said...

WOW! What a story. Thanks for sharing with us. I just listened to session 6 of Stepping Up and our beloved Beth moore used this same scripture. Such good stuff.

Love,
Fran

Anonymous said...

He's already using this to His Glory through you. That picture says it all. God is in control. Glad you came out of break to tell us this amazing story. Love, Annette

Kristen Reyna said...

Shonda,
I'm sorry to hear about this! Please tell Mary to email me with her mailing address. I would love to send her another copy of "Chronically Encouraged", my devotional book.
It was great meeting you both and I loved our lunch together. Wish we had more time and I look forward to seeing you both again soon!
With hope,
Kristen

Leah Adams said...

Love you attitude about the entire thing. God's Word is powerful and never returns void. Those thieves perhaps had no idea what they stole but I bet they will understand one day!!

Leah

Alene said...

I just saw your video! I'm bawling. Precious memories girl. The enemy has stolen my blog today. Can't log on . . . humph!!! It's locked up in cyberspace somewhere.
love ya.

Cherdecor said...

Shonda, Something is wrong with my bloglines and I haven't been able to get onto your site.

I am so sorry to hear about the thieves stealing your things. They took Bibles and books? Yeah, God is up to something! This is BIG!

It was so amazing to see his hand in it all. 1. The ladies were impressed to stay and pray for you.
2. You all prayed for the thief!
3. You handled it all so well.

This is an amazing story!
Thanks for posting. I am glad that I didn't miss it.
Blessings,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shonda!

I am so glad to hear that neither you nor Mary is going to let the enemy steal the peace, joy and message that was imparted to you during the conference, which is what he was trying to do by taking some "things." I prayed with Mary over the phone shortly after the break-in that she would get back everything that was stolen from her. I don't know if the thieves took anything of yours but if they did, I pray the same outcome for you. I'm glad you guys made it back in one piece and that you've resolved to keep on keepin' on! I enjoyed meeting you and hope we can continue to stay in touch. Both you and Mary were a blessing to me.

Love,
Lakendra

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

"Thief Caught" - how many times have we EVER seen a sign that said that---like never. What a confirmation from God on your weekend! One of my students stole my sunglasses while I was teaching this week. May God use it in their lives. Missing you on blogging break!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Hey, email me your address...I have something to write to you by snail mail straight from His Heart and you don't want to miss it...smile!

Blogger wouldn't let me get it all straightened out with the new blog so I am moving Cover to Cover back to my original blog. Just wanted you to know.

Kathy Schwanke said...

We'll be looking for the rest of the story sometime/somewhere... awesome!

Thanks for sharing your confrence with us. I am a confrence groupie, I love listening to Becky. She is very inspriational.

Who was the worship leader?

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Shonda..
Just checking in and wnated to say Hello. Hope everything is okay and I'll check back with you later.

Hugz Lorie

Joyfulsister said...

Hey Sis..
Please come over when *U* can I have 2 awards for *U*.

Hugz Lorie

GratefulinGA said...

Don't you just love it when God sends big bold confirmations like 'thief caught'? Whew!
praying Gods blessings on you,
tammy

Nicole said...

Hi Shonda. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you! Praying you are doing well my friend!

Love,
Nicole

Carol said...

Oh, my goodness! What an incredible story. Don't you just love God??