Friday, December 28, 2007

Book Meme

I have been tagged for this book meme by Leah @ The Point. So here goes...

01. One book that changed your life – I have to say only the BIBLE. But the first Christian book I read that pointed me to the Bible and initiated the change in my life was a book by Derek Prince and I don’t remember the title. I loaned out that book and never got it back. Also, Stormie Omartian’s “The Power of a Praying Wife.”


02. One book that you have read more than once – “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers. The Lord spoke to me so much about the power of unconditional love through this book.


03. One book you would want on a deserted Island – Okay, Tam I read what you put and I really like the idea so I’ll copy you…”How to Survive on a Deserted Island.”


04. One book that made you laugh – Well, I’ve pondered on this one for a while. Before I rededicated my life to the Lord, I read Erma Bombeck “A Marriage Made in Heaven…” and I remember laughing at her writing style. But just a few years ago I thought I’d get motivated to crochet and bought a book titled “Teach Yourself Visually to Crochet.” It had simple projects I thought I could handle as I used to crochet as a child with my aunt. That project is still unfinished as I have trouble counting. (I guess I better pray that I get rescued quickly on that deserted island as I cant follow self-help books very well without personal guidance.)


05. One book that made you cry – “The Hiding Place” by Corrie Ten Boom. I just fell in love her Corrie and her sister and their bravery in those unimaginable circumstances.


06. One book that you wish had been written – My family’s history. I don’t know much about my dad or my mother’s side of the family and I wish I knew more about them.


07. One book that you wish had never been written – Having children that I screen what goes into their minds I wish certain children’s books had not been written, such as “The Golden Compass.”


08. One book you are currently reading – Okay, I cant read one book at a time, so currently I’m reading “Get Out of That Pit” by Beth Moore, “Twelve Extraordinary Women” by John MacArthur, and “Sugar Shock” by Connie Bennett and Stephen T. Sinatra.


09. One book you have been meaning to read – I plan to read aloud “The Cat of Bubastes” by G.A. Henty to Chase in January.


10. Now I am suppose to tag 5 people. I am tagging Marina, Annie, Angie, Karen H., Fran and anyone else who wants to participate.

5 gracious comments:

Anonymous said...

good job! I agree the Bible is the first choice book for me..but this meme has been very helpful to think of new books to read! I love books, especially in the winter! love ya

annette said...

Got it posted! I like this meme too for new ideas for good reads. Thanks for sharing your favorites. And I agree with Darla--a good book by a fire and a cup of tea, and who couldn't love a day like that? love ya, annie

Tam said...

I need to get more Beth Moore books! Every book Meme so far has been loaded with Beth! I've done several of her studies...LOVE her - but I obviously need more of her! More(er) of God though =)

Have a great night!

Angie said...

Hi Shonda!
I'm sorry I haven't responded to this yet, but I've had a ton of company! I promise I will get to this ASAP. Thank you for thinking of me. Happy New Year!
Love,
angie xoxo

Angela Baylis said...

Sorry, Shonda! That last comment was from me. My daughter set me up with gmail and now I have to figure out how to keep the same account.
Angie xoxo