Monday, September 21, 2009

Amazing God

Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today. ~~Luke 5:26, NIV

I attended the Living the Life women’s conference this past weekend in Corpus Christi, Texas. This event was AMAZING.

“Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God.” We were “fill with awe and said, ‘We have seen remarkable things today.’” God’s glory filled the Selena Auditorium this weekend. Women made decisions to follow Christ and draw closer to Him!

My friend, Esther and I traveled the five hours there on Friday. Esther drove the whole way. Once we arrived in Corpus, we checked into the hotel, freshened up and stopped at a fast food place to grab a bite before the evening conference started. Perhaps this next part was a clue to how the weekend would turn out. She pulled her van into the handicap parking, so being the good friend that I am stated, “Just because it says van accessible doesn’t mean you can park here.” Laughter burst out of both of us. We couldn’t contain ourselves. God is amazing!

The last speaker for the evening, Tonya Webber, spoke about Jesus as our playmate. The message was about having childlike faith and having fun in the Lord. We blew bubbles as we heard about the joy of the Lord. Esther had trouble with her bubbles, as they would not fly up, but fall to the floor. We rationalized that her bubbles were overweight. We couldn’t contain our laughter. God is amazing!

As an editor for Take Root and Write (TRW), I passed out flyers for our online magazine. After the evening session, a woman came up to me to ask about the flyer. I told her about it and she told me she was just accepted to write for Take Root and Write. Alisa Hope was so excited to meet me and I was excited to meet her. And I learned it is her twin sister, Crissy that is re-doing my blog! That was a kiss from God show each of us we were in the right place. God is amazing!

Saturday morning was just as phenomenal. We arrived, prayed with the Living the Life team. Then Esther and I went with Tonya to set up the PowerPoint for the breakout session. This session was on Vibrant Relationships where Rochelle, Tonya and I were speaking. Earlier this year while planning, Tonya wanted to use PowerPoint as she is a visual person and wanted others to see the presentation visually as well as hear us. So she procured the screen, projector and laptop. Thank God Esther was there as she’s learned in her new job how to use LCD projectors. Esther set up the screen, projector and made necessary adjustments for the presentation. Without her help, I don’t think the PowerPoint would have been used. Thank you Esther! Esther was meant to be there for “such a time as this.” God is amazing!

I needed to laugh. I needed the messages I heard. And I needed to see God work through others in such beautiful ways. There’s so much more, but don’t have the space to share here. I want to thank the LTL team, the James Roots band, and all the wonderful volunteers that worked so hard to make the conference a success! God is amazing!

We don’t have to go to a conference to see God do amazing things. We can be filled with awe as we see God work in our everyday lives. Please share your Amazing God stories in the comments.

4 gracious comments:

Leah Adams said...

Sounds like you met God in a huge way. I know that He was thrilled to be filling so many women with His Spirit. Glad the weekend went well.

Leah

Faith Imagined said...

God is such so playful, and He showed His fun side at the conference. It was awesome to meet you there. Didn't our Corpus girls shine for the Lord?!

I wish I could have gone Saturday, but I'm so glad I got to go Friday night. The bubble blowing was so fun!

I look forward to working with you. It was obvious that you got God's annointing on you!

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me above. I forgot to sign out from the Granola Bar Devotional blogsite.

blessings to ya!
alisa

Cherdecor said...

Shonda, I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time at the conference.

I will tell you about the way that God showed up for me this past weekend. I have been talking to my beautician for over 5 years about going to church. I even suggested several churches in the area that I thought she might like.
Recently, I have been telling her about mine.

I went to her for a hair cut last week. On the way there, I told the Lord that I wasn't inviting her any more and that I had done my part. If she was going to go, God needed to work in her heart.

When she finished my hair cut, she said that she had been on vacation all week and she thought this Sunday might be a good time to visit my church. I told her that I would meet her at the door because I am a greeter before the worship service.

Well, she came and she LOVED it! I could tell that she was so happy to be there. I am so glad that I didn't push but left it up to God.
God is amazing!