Monday, January 14, 2008

Encouragement Dose


Today I am honored to announce that Angie awarded me The Daily Dose award that's been circulating. Thank you Angie that you like to stop by my blog and that somehow--by God's grace able to inspire you. I pray that I'm able to be some sort of inspiration by reflecting Jesus.

This award was created by a friend of Lisa, The Preacher's Wife. She describes the award this way:

So here's to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog
.

Now I'm to pass this award on to five of my daily reads. I don't or can't always read blogs daily, but I shall choose a few of my regulars. I've seen this award circulating around already for some time, so I'm going to choose those I like to visit that have not yet received the award. Please stop by and visit these lovely ladies and leave a kind comment.

Daughter of the King- Marina -- When I visit your blog, I like the way you can laugh at situations that normally would make a girl (woman) cry. I was so inspired by your last post about how we look at others and ourselves. I caught myself remembering what you wrote when I encountered a precious woman of God at church who had burn scars on her neck. Thank you.

The T.A.G. Blog- Karen -- I have been so moved by your testimony and your faith. Your transparency through your blog has so inspired me to walk my faith walk. I enjoy the weekly Sabbath Reflections. I enjoy reading the scriptures and being enlightened by the expositions you share, either your own or resources you have. Thank you.

The Point- Leah
-- I enjoy stopping by to get "the Point." I always feel like I'm pointed toward the Lord through what He reveals to you. I enjoy pondering on the post for several days. Thank you.

Jen's Blurbs- Jen -- I enjoy stopping by to see what the Lord is doing in you & through you. I love the stories about the boys. I also enjoy the enthusiasm you have when you learn from the Word. It keeps me excited and feeling young. Thank you.

Lisa's Memories - Lisa
-- Lisa we live in the same town and I shall make it a point to come by to meet you and visit you personally. The poetry always speaks to my heart when I stop by you blog. I pray that you will be inspired to keep writing. Thank you for writing faithfully.

There are many more of you whom I visit. I would love to visit and comment more than I do, but I have so many other duties that beckon my attention. I started blogging last June and I cant believe all the great and exciting friends I've made. I thank all of you and love you all. As Angie mentioned, I look forward to San Antonio. I hope to meet all of you blogging friends in real life. May you all be blessed!

Blessings in Christ--

8 gracious comments:

marina said...

WOW, as" The Preacher wife"would say "girl you scok my socks off"!!
I am very honored and humble that you have thought of liitle old me.When I first started blogging I never thought I would of lasted these long but its people like you Shonda, that have touch my heart and made me feel thrill down to my very core!! Love, marina

Fran said...

You are most deserving of this award and I'm thrilled for Marina too!!! I always am blessed by you when I stop by. You are just the real deal and thats why i love you!

Have a great night. I'll see ya again soon. :)
Blessings~
Fran

Lisa said...

SHONDA, I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T VISITED YOUR BLOG LATELY BUT I HAVEN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING LATELY. I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU WRITE IT ENCOURAGES ME SO MUCH. AS FOR SEEING EACH OTHER MAYBE THE NEXT TIME YOU'RE VISITING MY AUNT MARY I'LL HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON MY AUNT AND UNCLE WE ALL LIVE IN THE SAME APTS. I'D LIKE THAT VERY MUCH. LOVE YOU MUCH HAVE A BLESS WEEK OKAY.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Come back and I have a word for you. I just think grace is all over you Miss Shonda!

jennyhope said...

YAY!! Just wanted to say hey!

Anonymous said...

Shonda,
Thank you so much for choosing me as one of those you are passing this award to. I am so glad that we met. I am so thankful for the friendship that we have built already in such a short time. You've been an encourager to me. I appreciate your honesty and willingness to share life with its ups and downs. Thanks for becoming and being such a good friend.

Take care,
Karen
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog

jen said...

Sweet girl, you are amazing. Thank you for passing this on to me. I gain so much from reading what God is doing in you. I'm humbled that you read my blog and it makes you smile. You are a sweet sweet woman and I love stopping here each day to read.

Anonymous said...

you inspire me too!!!