Friday, May 22, 2009

Bleeding?

Teaching my sixth grade son to write, he methodically outlined the topic he chose to write about. After writing out his outline, I asked him to narrate to me in complete sentences what he planned to write on the paper. After a few short, choppy sentences and phrases, I stopped him.

"Chase, think of your outline as the skeleton. Your job in writing the paper is to put flesh on the skeleton--"

"Oh yeah, Mom, so you can make it bleed."

Engrafted by His Grace--

5 gracious comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love this. I have a sweatshirt that says, "Don't make me get out my red pen."

:)

Thanks for the visit. God bless your ministry of words.

Cherdecor said...

This child is ahead of you! He is going to be a better writer than you ever dreamed. I love this boy!!!!!

outdoor.mom said...

oh dear..... to true.

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Shonda,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Leah Adams said...

Sounds like you have quite a reputation, my friend. Poor little guy!! What a hoot that story was!

Leah