Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


I hope we, the American people, can take a moment today to pause and reflect thanking God for those men and women who have served our country. Men and women voluntarily give up their lives for us to live free lives.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You today for the many men and women who fought bravely to protect our freedoms in America. Lord, I pray You bless their homes; bless their families. I ask You to comfort loved ones of those who sacrificially gave up their lives so we can live in freedom today. Lord, I thank You. In Jesus name, Amen.

If you or you have a family member who has served or who is serving our country, I want to personally thank you.

Engrafted by His Grace--

3 gracious comments:

Cherdecor said...

Hope you enjoyed the freedom that the day has brought to us. Thank the Lord!

blessings,
Cheryl

Warren Baldwin said...

Memorial Day was a good family day for us, but I also had the opportunity to do what you suggested here - reflect on the men and women who helped provide this day for us. Early in the morning I watched a true-story movie about an American POW in N. Viet Nam. It was brutal. He survived a brutal captivity but returned to America and continued to serve his country. I couldn't stop thinking about his story all day, and wondered how I would have survived under those conditions.

Good reminder.

Connie Arnold said...

Thank you for the reminder, Shonda. Sorry I'm late reading this. I have an award for you. Please stop by when you get a chance.