Monday, May 11, 2009

New Thing

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. ~~ Isaiah 43:19 NIV
New things are happening in my life. This post is an update of the exciting activities taking place in my life.

I am overwhelmed by God's grace and goodness in so many areas where I see His favor flowing.

First, I've home schooled my youngest for five years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Okay, every minute? Alright, yes there have been some tough times, but in those times I've grown more in my character. God uses my children to show me where I need to correcting. Oh how these boys have been so much more to me. But the home schooling season is coming to a close. My oldest son graduated last summer from our home school and since then, Chase has been my only student. His athletic abilities are demanding and his goals are lofty. He's ready for the public school environment. I've visited with the schools and have made arrangements for him to start junior high this fall. Chase is so excited about it as he loves to be where the action is. God is doing a new thing in our lives.

Second, last May when I attended CLASServices speaker training and the CLASS writer's conference last October in Glorieta. I had no idea the doors the Lord would open for me. Now, I recently attended CLASSeminars Personality Training Workshop and so more seems to be unfolding for me. So much more than I ever thought or imagined. (Ephesians 3:20) It's been one my heart's desire to become a Certified Personality Trainer. This month I feel pleasingly overwhelmed with the requirements it takes to achieve this title. I have lots of respect for those who hold a CPT title as I am working the process it takes to achieve it. I'm in awe and amazed at how the Lord is leading me through this demanding process and opening up opportunities for me. I just love it! I never imagined four speaking engagements all in a five week time frame this month. God is doing a new thing in my life.

Third, I never imagined having a title of "co-editor." Never. Last year I sought for hours on end for a Christian women's website to write and share devotions. I kept submitting, emailing and asking. Then the Lord put Take Root and Write in my path and He opened this door for me to write a bi-monthly column called Totally Transplanted based off this scripture:
"The godly are transplanted in the Lord's own garden and are under His personal care." ~~Psalm 93:13 TLB
Then after two months, I was asked if I would consider assisting with editing. I felt led to say "yes" as it was God's calling. Now I'm assisting in the editorial department and loving every moment of it. Then when seeking God's will about it, I came across the same verse in another version and it read:
"They will take root in your house, LORD God, and they will do well." ~~Psalm 92:13 CEV
How I felt confirmation from the Lord I am in the right place as one version reads "transplanted" and the other version reads, "take root" hence, the website and column names as led by the Lord. He is doing a new thing in my life.

All these changes are exciting for me in the speaking and writing ministry. I have more projects I'm working on, but will share about those at a later time as He continues to unfold new things in my life.

Please pray for me that I keep my priorities straight as all these new opportunities open for me. God and family first.

I'm praying for all the prayer requests that have come in. Thank you for entrusting me with your heart felt needs to take boldly before the throne. May the Holy Spirit bring you the assurance and comfort you need.

Engrafted by His Grace--

10 gracious comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Wow, how exciting!! You are a busy woman. I really admire you home schooling your children. I debated the issue when my girls were little, but I felt better about public school when I realized that most of the teachers they would have in elemtary school went to church with us. That made me feel a lot better! Blessing on your knew adventures!

Leigh Anne said...

Excuse the spelling! How embarrassing and on the blog of a co-editor ! LOL

Leah Adams said...

God's faithfulness is such a wonderful thing to behold, isn't it? I am thrilled for you. The Lord seems to be moving in exciting ways in many lives.

Please keep us updated on the Personality training and how that fits into your speaking and writing.

Leah

Lori said...

Some one just recently suggested CLASServices. Glad to hear you learned a lot from it. It is great to hear about the doors the Lord has been opening for you.

Cherdecor said...

Wow! YOu do have a lot going on at your house. I know that Chase will do well and so will you.
Blessings to you in all that you do.
Cheryl

Alene said...

I am so proud of you girl! I was stopping by to ask about your mission statement and I think you are well on your way to understanding it. Let me know about the writing conference in November. Love you!

annie's eyes said...

What an exciting time in your life as you enter this new phase. The sure and catching arm of God is holding you closely. Blessings and prayers for you as you venture ahead. Love, Annette

Michelle V said...

How exciting for you! Great stuff!

Blessings
Michelle

Noelle @TakeRoot said...

Opened an email I had flagged to come back to and it was the one leading me to this post! We are so blessed to have you on our team Shonda. I have saved those verses, printed them. I did not even know those verses when God put the 'name' in my thoughts. I am so excited with what God is doing in your life! And I'm blessed He brought you into mine!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shonda! I am so excited for you! So much has taken place in your life since we've talked and I just can't tell you how excited I am about your writing, speaking, and editing opportunities! Just so totally awesome!

Send me an email when you get the chance! I'd love to hear from you!

Take care,
Karen